Skip to content
- The past couple of years I have been sliding into anime fandom. I’m not sure exactly what started it. I’ve always liked cartoons; we mostly got Western shows, but my dimly-remembered childhood involved Astro Boy, Voltron, Sailor Moon and Samurai Pizza Cats. It was probably Attack on Titan that pulled me into the vortex of Japanese cartoons.
- The AAA Podcast‘s tagline is “making your anime addiction worse”, and credit where it’s due, they fulfilled that promise. I subscribe to a bunch of podcasts on a whole range of topics, and while I don’t listen to every episode of every show, I’ve listed the anime and tokusatsu podcasts I enjoy over yonder in the sidebar. Give them a go.
- I’m going to try to track what I’m watching using MyAnimeList, so if you’re interested you can check out what I’ve seen, what I’m currently watching, and what I’ve dropped. This site will be mostly about anime, but I’ll probably end up commenting on other TV, comics, games and that kind of thing.
- The header image for my blog is from the opening titles of BBK/BRNK or Bubuki Buranki whatever it’s called. Not, I should stress, because it’s even close to being my favourite show — it’s just a convenient five-count image when the whole gimmick of this site is five-point lists. I decided that if I gave the posts a clearly defined structure I would be more likely to keep up with it. We’ll see how that pans out.
- I like stairs. I’ve also started a Tumblr called Anime Stairs, and it does what it says on the tin.